Wednesday 4 July 2012

Lauryn Hill Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion


US STAR Lauryn Hill has reportedly plead guilty to intentionally failing to file her tax returns in a federal court last Friday.
The mother-of-six, who earned more than $1.8 million between 2005-2007, could now face a three year prison sentence after she confessed to three counts of failure to file tax returns from 2005 to 2007, reports TMZ.
Hill was said to have agreed that she 'intentionally and willingly' refused to pay her taxes, when asked by the judge.
Speaking on the charges in an essay released on her official Tumblr website earlier this month, Hill wrote: "I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns!"
"When I was working consistently without being affected by the interferences mentioned above, I filed and paid my taxes. This only stopped when it was necessary to withdraw from society, in order to guarantee the safety and well-being of myself and my family," she continued.
The case continues.

from The Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment